NZ hand-made heritage Rimu Acorn. Price is per acorn.
In an effort to help conserve our native forests, the timber for these acorns was sourced from Reclaimed Timber Traders, part of the New Zealand Human Aid Focus Trust. Reclaimed timber has a rustic charm that cannot be replicated, and reflect the value of our New Zealand heritage.
If you wish to combine shipping on multiple items please contact us before placing your order.
- Wipe clean with a warm damp cloth. Never leave soaking in water or place it in the dishwasher, as this can cause the wood to swell, warp, or crack.
- Dry thoroughly with a soft dry cloth (tea towel) to remove excess moisture then set aside to dry completely before storing.
- Avoid placing in direct sunlight as this may lead to warping or cracking.
- Periodically re-oil to keep the wood well conditioned, increasing its longevity. Re-oiling is only necessary if the wood appears to be drying out.
- To re-oil, apply a small amount of mineral oil (e.g. ricebran oil) and rub into the entire surface with a paper towel or soft cloth. Leave the oil on the surface for an hour or so, reapplying if necessary, to allow the oil to absorb into the rolling pin completely. Once done, wipe off any excess oil and return to storage. Avoid using other cooking oils (including olive oil) as these may go rancid over time.