Trowel, Fork or Rake
High quality Stainless Steel garden forks, trowels and rakes hand-made in NZ with a reclaimed Rimu handle, and finished with our own natural beeswax-oil blend. Choose to purchase individually or see our other listings to purchase in various sets.
This item is made to order so the timber/grain of item delivered may differ from that pictured.
In an effort to help conserve our native forests, the timber was sourced from Reclaimed Timber Traders, part of the New Zealand Human Aid Focus Trust. Reclaimed timber has a rustic charm that cannot be replicated and, with care, will be treasured for generations to come.
If you wish to combine shipping on multiple items please contact us before placing your order.
Return and Refund Policy
- Wash blade and clean handle with a warm damp cloth. Never leave soaking in water or place it in the dishwasher, as this can cause the wood to swell, warp, or crack.
- Dry thoroughly with a soft dry cloth (tea towel) to remove excess moisture then set aside to dry completely before storing.
- Avoid leaving in direct sunlight as this may lead to warping or cracking.
- Periodically re-oil to keep the wood well conditioned, increasing its longevity. Re-oiling is only necessary if the wood appears to be drying out.
- To re-oil, apply a small amount of mineral oil (e.g. ricebran oil) and rub into the entire surface with a paper towel or soft cloth. Leave the oil on the surface for an hour or so, reapplying if necessary, to allow the oil to absorb completely. Once done, wipe off any excess oil and return to storage. Avoid using other cooking oils (including olive oil) as these may go rancid over time.